Monday 11 November 2013

Inspiration for My Short Film

A number of elements in my film have been heavily influenced by various hollywood and short films. For example I have been looking at how women have become more and more popular within the action/adventure genre. Actress's such as Angelina Jolie have become renowned for playing roles in these kind of films. She has starred in films such as 'Tomb Raider' and 'Salt' which feature the woman being the main protagonist and have the lead fighting role. There have always been superhero characters which are female, however, films like 'Batman', 'Superman' and 'Spiderman' have had previous films made throughout the previous decades. Yet films like 'Catwoman' were not made until fairly recently and films like 'Wonder Woman' have never been made before. This ongoing debate has interested me and  has made me want to incorporate this area into my film. By including two female characters in my narrative, I hope to arouse the debate about females in action/adventures film.

Furthermore, I wish to embody the short, quick , fast paced, harsh style scenes from films like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of The Dead. The scenes near the beginning of the film show someone getting performing their morning routine and making themselves a coffee and toast. The shots feature extreme close ups and they cut very quickly, creating the sense that the person is either in a rush  

No comments:

Post a Comment