Wednesday 13 November 2013

Mock Posters






As well as the film, I have to produce a film poster. Here I have 3 very different examples.
The first poster is heavily influenced by the likes of Saul Bass. The bold color for the background really makes the poster stand out, as the page is infused with such a vibrant color that it would distract and draw the attention of anybody that is walking past or viewing online. To make the image stand out, I have used a bold, yet streamlined font (Helvetica Neue - Regular) and have made it white. This color makes the writing stand out, but compliments the main color of the poster. I felt that by using black font would have made the whole dynamics of the poster appear much more aggressive and would contrast with the main background. Further influenced by Bass' work, I have decided to just use one image on the whole poster. The image - although the imagery used is not linked to or appears in the film itself, the use of a raven connotes the death that is to come in the film. Again, I have made this image a silhouette which has been done for a similar reason to the  

No comments:

Post a Comment